|Mission Control presents:
The League: ABC’s Of Accessories
“A scandalously spectacular event by and for those who make Mission Control possible: allies, volunteers, crew, and our very special guests.”
Thurs, August 23rd |8 PM – 12 AM
The League is not a public event. It is for Mission Control Allies, volunteers and Crew.
Want to learn more about becoming a Mission Control Ally?
Guest Policy: Allies, volunteer and crew members may all bring one guest. Big Daddy and Endowed Crew member guest policies honored as well.
All guests please RSVP
Want to get better at tying your tie? Bowties stump you? Want to learn how to tie a corset-yours or someone elses? Inexpensively adorn your costume? Got some tips of your own? Come share your own tips and pearls and learn from your friends……A few community members are going to be around as well:
- How to lace and tie a corset, on you or others! We will have some to demo and for you to try on.. or bring your own. Men and women look lovely in corsets… we can help you get into one.
- How to tie bowties, cravats, ties and wear things like watch chains, pocket sashes, etc!
- Neglected accessory because you don’t know how to wear it? Bring it, the amazing Sara Al-Kassab, creator of The New Eccentrics and Splenduh the Unicorn, will help you figure how to wear it! She will also have her fabulous unicorn horns for SALE!
- The ever elegant Kristen, will also be gracing us with her collarettes (for demo AND sale!) and how to wear them.
- Tiny hats and fascinators? Not sure how or what to do with them? We will have some for you to practice with and Bix will be there to help you find your way.
- Chainmail accessories? Yup, that’s what we said. Kate will be there with some of her amazing pieces as well…..
- Not to mention all the wonderful ideas and wisdom all the attendees will bring, so bring your stuff, your ideas and lets get accessorizing!
Live Musical Performance by Unwoman
Unwoman (aka Erica Mulkey) is a San Francisco-based cellist-singer-songwriter. Layered with skillful cello, rich vocals, and electronically arranged beats, her solo music is a futuristic homage to her classical training. Unwoman performs often in the Bay Area and has been featured at major steampunk, goth, and sci-fi-related events all over North America. She has collaborated with Abney Park, Amanda Palmer, Stripmall Architecture, Voltaire, Rasputina, Jill Tracy, Vernian Process, Caustic, and Attrition. Other influences include IAMX, Florence and the Machine, Imogen Heap, Siouxsie Sioux, and Beats Antique.